Saturday, August 05, 2006

Johnson's on the Move

Yes, we have moved! Rocky took a youth minister position at Grace Fellowship Church. They currently meet in Paradise High School in Paradise, TX. The church is in a building process right now. The purchased 50 acres in Paradise and the walls starting going up this week. It should be ready for move in May 2007.

I got a teaching job in Northwest ISD. I will teach at Chisholm Trail Middle School in Rhome, TX. I have been in staff development this past week and so far, so good. I really like my principal and the teachers that I have met. We have spent much time laughing. That is a good sign. They also went from a TEA acceptable campus to a recognized campus. For those of you not familiar to TAKS testing that just means that the students did much better on their state standarized tests.

We are living in Decatur, TX. It is about 45 minutes northwest of Ft. Worth. That gives me a 15 minute drive to work and a 10 minute drive to church. Most importantly there is a Walmart in Decatur. It is the biggest town outside of Ft. Worth in our direction. I couldn't move to a smaller town than Nacogdoches. Ha. I have ventured out this week and found all the "hot" shopping spots. It is funny how my car just finds its way to shopping. I am not sure how that happens.

Here's a picture of our new house. We are renting for a year until we find an area that we are interested in buying a home. The girls love the house. They call it the "blue house". Kind of funny since Rocky lived in the "Bleu House" during college. I promise that this one is not the dump he lived in during college.

THE BLUE HOUSE

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing




Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

THE BEST STEAKHOUSE I KNOW! GREAT ROLLS!

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

THE DECATUR COUTHOUSE

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

3 comments:

Daniel Martin said...

wait wait wait.....so....we are like neighbors now. not in the "ruston" sense when you REALLY can be someone's neighbor...but in the dallas sense...when you are under an hour from someone!

kristen and i live in keller...1/2 mile from 35W. i'm gonna have to google decatur. is it close? do you know?

sherry mac said...

now that is a BLUE house!! it will be easy to find you when we come through decatur!
i think we have eaten at sweetie pies, and braums, and somewhere else there on the highway. decatur is our rest stop on the way to skiing.
good luck on the move and the new jobs. you are going to be missed so much bac in nac

Jonathan said...

Hello Johnson Family. Nice pictures. And yeah, that is a blue house, but at least it's brand new even if it is a little smaller. I hope things are going well for yall so far. The CLC has a very strange empty feeling to it. Anyway, I'll be back up that way sooner or later... Miss yall and wish you the best. Keep in touch.